Friday, September 11, 2009

Unwanted comments

I just had to delete a comment advertising penis enlargement. That's
not something you can make up.

Advertising is based on dissatisfaction. Effectively, the whole
premise of sales is to make the customer in question doubt their
fulfilment in everything they own for the sake of a new toaster; with
an LCD display.

I can't help but wonder how the toothbrush was remarketed to brush
tongues as well, and now we also have cheek brushes. This is an absurd
take on turning a simple device into a completely useless money-making
scam.

Like treating marriage as a form of profit, the world is taking the
downturn with hatred and hoping that no-one has noticed that yet
another large company has had to make 10,000 redundancies. And
materialism as rife as it is, convincing people they need to spend
more money to survive, because 350 TV channels just aren't enough, is
easier than changing a lightbulb.

Speaking of lightbulbs, the new way around selling things is to make
any energy saving device overpriced and then make people believe that
it will save them money. I don't know how a £4 lightbulb is saving me
money when I have to part with £4. It's like paying a monthly
subscription to a gym in order to use everything for free. That makes
no sense to me. If I'm paying £40 a month then using everything isn't
free. It's £40.

Anyway, penis enlargement aside, the targetted adverts are promisingly
vulgar, as usual, and no-one has to venture outside to know that the
sun is shining.

Idolatry is common-place. I probably shouldn't just stand by and
watch, should I?

No comments: